accessible design (was RE: [thelist] Old Browsers old Software, cut bait and move on.)

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Jul 11 15:51:44 CDT 2001

aardvark wrote:

>i'm guessing you'll like this article, although i fear you'll get the
>wrong message:
>To Hell With Bad Browsers
>http://www.alistapart.com/stories/tohell/

Are you sure YOU didn't get the wrong message?

<horse type="not dead yet">

ALA redesign is about using HTML & CSS as it's meant to be used, NOT
about shutting out users with old browsers.  I know you have access
to lots of browsers, Adrian.  Show me one on which ALA is
inaccessible.

"...Legs furiously pumping
Their stiff green gallop..."
-- Jim Morrison

</horse>

<tip type="accessibility" author="erika">
A real audio video which shows students at Georgia University
attempting to view websites built with commercial software for
distance learning (WebCT).  Shows screenreaders in action, and some
of the problems with WebCT and inaccessible sites.

http://www.gsu.edu/~wwwdls/ACC_video2.ram
</tip>