[thelist] Two XHTML validity questions in a CF site

Aaron Cole awcole72 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 19:32:47 CDT 2001

I've been desperately attempting to get my personal CF site to validate
under the XHTML 1.0 Transitional DOCTYPE.  Only two glitches remain.

1) I use the ParagraphFormat CF function which adds a <P> to posts every
time the user enters two hard returns.  Obviously, the lack of a closing tag
isn't kosher.  Are there any alternatives?  Adding a <br /> instead would be
great.

2) The Validator is not happy with the variables that I need to pass in some
of my hrefs.  Ideas to get around this?

I've been converting the site layout from the old table style to the new
CSS/DIV approach.  I would love to be able to also say the site is valid.

TIA,

Aaron