[thelist] Old Browsers old Software, cut bait and move on.

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 00:46:56 CDT 2001

> From: "Mark Cheng" <mark.cheng at ranger.com.au>
[...]
> I think Brian is right.  Design to what you are comfortable with and
> what your client is comfortable with.  If you like designing for old

cop-out.

clearly some people aren't comfortable designing for accessibility
or degradability (not just old browsers, as everyone likes to frame
it)... so, instead of taking the time to learn, or even care, they just
write it off as frivolous and a waste of time... it smacks of laziness...

design for the audience... use the client to guide you, use your
experience and skill to make it work... and if you don't know how to
do something, learn it, don't run away...

> browsers, go ahead.  In the same way that clients can choose to design
> a whole site in flash, web designers can choose to design for business
> that only want to cater for a particular selection of browsers.

nothing wrong with that, but don't ignore those users just because
you're afraid to grow as a developer... ignore them because you
have a solid business case to do so...

> This email may be confidential and contain commercially sensitive
> information.  Only the intended recipient may access or use it.  If
> you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and notify
> us promptly. We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability
> for viruses or similar in this email or any attachment.

i told you, i'm keeping it... in fact, i'm not the intended recipient,
consider this your notice.