[thelist] Old Browsers old Software, cut bait and move on.

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Jul 12 01:42:41 CDT 2001

aardvark wrote on 12/7/01 6:19 am

>> Good point, tell Tom Edison, Al Bell, and Tim Berners-Lee they
>> were idiots for "creating an item and then having  to teach people how
>> to use it".  Shame on them for thinking thoughts that everyone has
>
>the phone was brand new... what's so new about your site?

When it was invented, the phone's user interface was "Pick it
up, wind the handle, ask the person on the other end to put
you through". Fairly intuitive.

>hypertext was brand new, are you not using it?
I picked up hypertext (with Apple's Hypercard) within about
3 seconds. The concept is not a complex interface.

>the light bulb?
"On. Off" Yup, easy to use.

But many web interfaces, particularly if they work differently
to other ones, are not this simple.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland