[thelist] Old Browsers old Software, cut bait and move on.

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Jul 12 02:17:54 CDT 2001

Mark Cheng wrote on 12/7/01 8:05 am

>>No, that's not what I meant. Any project will already have variances
>>which you won't be able to control. Adding a 10% drop in the available
>>universe (via an explicit choice you've made) before those variances
>>kick in could well make the difference.
>>

>huh?  by definition you must have defined the potential user population
>before you make assumptions.

This is an additional step to "There are x,000 consumers available in
the market, and y% of them are online and we can attract z% of them
to the site"

>And, at the end of the day, 10% of customers
>is 10% of customers.

The context of this is that it's *another* 10% of customers on top
of everything else.

>  It doesn't matter whether you take them out of the
>population or one of your other assumptions are wrong.

Would you make one of your other assumptions wrong by choice? No.

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland