[thelist] MySQL to SQL server

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Thu Jul 12 15:23:01 CDT 2001

| Hello-
|
| Does anyone know how you can get data from a MySQL database
| to SQL server?
| Apparently you can't export a csv file, you can only export

| Alice,
|
| Could you potentially link to the MySQL data through Access
| or Excel via an
| ODBC connection to extract the data?
|
| Just a thought. No idea if it has any bearing in reality.

Hola,

Rick, this is a good direction. I'd implement MyODBC (from the MySQL site)
and from there you can do all sorts of good things. Rick mentioned a few,
another would be using DTS -- a powerful data transfer and transformation
tool included with SQL Server.

<rory disposition="working too hard to write the list, but what the hey,
this was fun!" disclaimer="hope my boss laughs when he sees this" alt="8)"/>