[thelist] Two XHTML validity questions in a CF site

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Jul 12 22:57:08 CDT 2001

aaron,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Aaron Cole
:
: I realize this may be above and beyond,
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

nope, asking a question on thelist that's web development/design related is
not above and beyond.  <shake type="finger" style="bony">on the other hand,
not trimming your reply *is*.</shake>

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: In my code I have a variable, let's call
: it #foo#.
:
: On its own, #foo# outputs fine.  When I
: place it in the <CF_StyledParagraph>
: tag as such:
:
: <CF_StyledParagraph theString = #foo#>
:
: I get nothing.
:
: Any ideas?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yeah, ditch the use of the custom tag.  not only do you take a performance
hit every time you call it, but the functionality it provides is almost
entirely unnecessary.  try the solution i posted, it's exactly what you're
looking for.

relevant post from the archives:
http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20010709/161826.html

<tip type="JavaScript" author=".jeff">

you server-side programmers that are just breaking into javascript getting
sick and tired of parsing the url for those url variables?  toil no more:

http://members.evolt.org/jeff/code/js_url_variables/

i'll bet your also tired of screwing around with the location object in an
effort to get cgi-like variables and values.  those that can be duplicated
have been done for you:

http://members.evolt.org/jeff/code/js_cgi_variables/

</tip>

good luck,