[thelist] security on the server

Philippe Jadin all at 123piano.com
Fri Jul 13 04:11:54 CDT 2001

>periodically, you'll probably want to use something other than the
>browser's file upload feature. That one-file-at-a-time crap gets old
>quick. The first and only time I built a secure delivery system that
>relied on file upload to refresh the server the client bought it. Two
>months later they paid twice as much to have someone rip it out
>and put in a modern upload design.

My host doesn't support ftp because it's insecure. Simply use scp
(secure copy protocol).

There are good clients for every plateform. I have no idea how it is
implemented server-side.

You can try winscp which can be found at http://winscp.vse.cz/eng/
 (freeware win32 scp client with a norton like two pannels interface for
batch file up/download)

ymmv

Philippe