[thelist] Image question

David Mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Fri Jul 13 12:49:03 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jasen James" <thelist at cbizz.net>

> yeah i made the menu.

Cool. I just noticed one little detail about it. The lefthand side of
your rollover images is missing the highlighting stripe. Just so you
know.

> I was looking to apply the rounded edges.

Assuming that you're talking about putting those rounded edges on
photographs, look into "Masks" and the "Paste Inside" tool. Depending
on how many images there are, I would probably use the "Paste Into"
tool. In Fireworks, you create rectangle with rounded corners, adjust
the corners to the appropriate radius (whether you decide to use the
same percentage for each picture or a fixed arc size), then paste your
image inside that rectangle.

The thing to remember is that once you've pasted the image inside the
rectangle, you can't adjust the radius of the corners anymore.

Also bear in mind that you should perform this operation on the same
background color on which the image will be displayed, due to anti-
aliasing.

HTH,
David