[thelist] 401.3 Unauthorized: Unauthorized due to ACL on resource?

Rob Oviatt applebyweb at nb.aibn.com
Fri Jul 13 14:05:46 CDT 2001

Problem:
I've got a form built and it works, but its asking for a password when I
submit it, or it gives me a 401.3 error.

Server:
NT 4 with IIS 4, ActivePerl installed

CGI script:
Soupermail

  Its been years since I've done a form, and even then it was on a Mac
server. So I'm unsure of how to correct this situation. I know it has to do
with permissions, but I've always found permission setup on NT servers to
be difficult. If I enter  my password into the dialog box that pops up the
form is processed and I'll receive an email a few seconds latter.

Can anyone help?

Rob Oviatt

Web Developer / Typesetter
Appleby Color Lab