[thelist] Log Analyzer

Tyme nopun at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 13 19:15:11 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Jay Fitzgerald <jayfitz at bayou.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 4:07 PM
Subject: [thelist] Log Analyzer

> Does anyone know of a good free log analyzer that will parse a unix access
> log and display visitor's screen resolution sizes and the number of colors
> they are viewing in??

TYME} I believe that Sawmill (http://www.flowerfire.com/sawmill/) will do
this.  I just asked tech. support about this the other day.  Here is tech.
support's response:

"Sawmill can process any kind of log file, so all that's really necessary in
this case is to have a program that write the appropriate log data. Some web
servers are surely configurable to log this kind of data (I would think that
Apache and IIS could do it, at least), and if they do, Sawmill can report on
it."

Sawmill is a great program too.  It is free if you simply evaluate it for
min. 3 hours, or if you find a bug.  They give you credit amounts for each
hour of review.