[thelist] Swish........

Tim Hansen hanstarr at home.com
Fri Jul 13 20:15:31 CDT 2001

Hey,
you wrote:
>I have a site that I'd just like to do some minor text animation on, and I
>was thinking of doing it in Flash, but then I remembered that there's some
>little program out there called Swish or something like that.

>Doesn't anyone have any experience with that?  Does it require a pluging
for
>the viewers?

Swish can export text animations as a .swf so the Flash plugin is all you
need. It's a great little application which will take you about 4 minutes to
figure out. The only downside is that it is fairly limited in it's range of
text effects and EVERYONE seems to be using it. It's pretty hard to come up
with anything fresh within the limitations of Swish. I used it for a couple
of projects & then went back to creating text effects manually in Flash.

Tim Hansen.