[thelist] Swish........

DC DC_the_gasman at Bigfoot.com
Sat Jul 14 14:56:19 CDT 2001

>Sandy -
>I made an animated gif in Flash that's 51K ... and is an introduction to a
>client's company on their splash page. Don't know if you would consider this
>a "pretty heavy file". I did it to replace an applet which left some things
>to be desired (longer load time, rectangular gray box appearing before
>content did, not displaying correctly in Netscape 6.01, stuff like that).
>
>If you want to take a look, go to http://www.datablocks.com then let me know
>what you think.

I can't say that it impressed me a lot, but maybe I was influenced by
wb023662.gif. I hate to say it, but that GIF was the first thing I
saw and I thought it looked really amateurish. Also, it looks like a
guy walking *out* of a door (unless you look closely - and how many
people will do that?) rather than "entering". Anyway, I think having
that and the intro.gif on the same page is a bit too much animation.

DC