[thelist] Swish... > Critiques

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Sat Jul 14 17:48:55 CDT 2001

Hey folks. Just thought I'd jump in on this convo about critiques.

None of my business, but you know I'm the www.websitesthatsuck.com poster
boy. That's why I don't ask for opinions on my work. But I like my work, my
clients like it, and that's what counts for me. (It's probably better than I
think.)

My personal quality standard works like this:
If it's my best, and my client and I agree that it meets or exceeds the
previously agreed upon requirements and specs, and it's not like
web-meets-sausage-meets-times-square or something, it works. Which is not to
say I don't always try to do better, of course. But obviously quality is
subjective. I know that and you know that, and when I want to hear from
anyone else, I ask. I assume everyone else knows they'll get opinions if
they post an address with a question attached to it, right?

Your work is better than mine.

That's why I'm on this list!

BH