[thelist] server logs

s t e f stef at nota-bene.org
Mon Jul 16 05:17:20 CDT 2001

Peter Van Dijck wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for comparisons between server log analysers (like
> webtrends, nettracker, ...). Which ones are the main ones, where can I
> find comparisons, and how can I differentiate between them?
> Thanks for any links / ideas / hints. (I need to have this finished by
> tonight....)

Hi Peter,

All in all in my company's experience webtrends' tags and the likes have
a major drawback : since they're triggered in JS and do no object
detection, they ma prove unreliable.

As per log analysis, my colleagues have this to say: as log analysers,
they're ok, but as JS-triggered counters don't rely too much on them.
When we compared between JS tags and log analysis, our investors were
relieved to see the log ;-)

--
s t e f
[ irc: irc1.fr.ircnet.net #notabene ]