[thelist] CSS Strangeness

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 16 17:54:31 CDT 2001

> I finally decided to use some CSS on a clients web page, only the CSS
> selectors aren't working.  http://www.jhsnp.com/redone/ The green links are
> supposed to turn red when the mouse hovers over it, only its been really hit
> and miss on which ones will work.  Is this a normal problem with CSS
> Selectors?  I coded it using Dreamweaver -- would it work better if I tried
> to hand code the CSS?

That's pretty strange! It seems to me that in IE5/Win98 the hover is
failing when the page being linked to contains a particularly long url
such as http://www.jhsnp.com/redone/store/about_mushrooms.html. Shortening
the url slightly fixes the problem. Perhaps you should use relative rather
than absolute links?

Simon