[thelist] CSS Strangeness

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 16 18:09:34 CDT 2001

> That's pretty strange! It seems to me that in IE5/Win98 the hover is
> failing when the page being linked to contains a particularly long url
> such as http://www.jhsnp.com/redone/store/about_mushrooms.html. Shortening
> the url slightly fixes the problem. Perhaps you should use relative rather
> than absolute links?

No don't listen to me, listen to Jeff and Seb - it's late here okay...

most of you probably already know about this one but...

<tip type="Site searches" author="Simon Coggins">

atomz.com provide a great free site searching tool for small sites. It's
completely customizable, gives good results and requires only a small,
tasteful advert.

</tip>

(not affiliated in any way, BTW)

Simon