[thelist] A puzzling CSS problem

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Tue Jul 17 02:17:45 CDT 2001

Hi folks!

I've been working on a revamp of my personal site recently. I'm writing a
cross between a blog tool and a mini CMS system using PHP and MySQL that
I'll be releasing for free use once it's ready. As part of the fun process I
decided it was about time I started learning something about CSS so I've
decided to do the site strictly using CSS. As you can imagine it's not all
been fun and games.

Last night I got an image upload function working, but when I cam to work
today and took a lokk at the site in IE (rather than the motley array of
Linux browsers I use at home) I discovered that the image uploaded with the
text last night is invisible on the page! If you look, you'll see that the
text flows around the image, but the image itself is invisible.

http://www.clogger.org/

Any pointers as to what I'm doing wrong? It displays just fine in IE on the
admin page which uses a slightly simpler layout. Any general tips about my
stylesheet (main.css) are also appreciated - though it's still very much
uner development which means there's several elements in there which don't
have an obvious purpose!

Cheers for any help / crits.

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com