[thelist] [fwd] meta keywords

Niklaus Haldimann runciter at rosa.com
Tue Jul 17 07:29:57 CDT 2001

ALBIE ATTIAS wrote:
> Obviously different Search engines have different requirements but, as I'm
> intending to create only one version of each page in my site, what is a good
> number of keywords to include in the keywords meta tag?

Actually the number of keywords doesn't really matter. This article
details it all: http://www.rankwrite.com/metakeyword.htm

Note that meta keywords aren't really important any more these days when
it comes to search engine ranking.

> Are there any free sites out there that detail the most commonly searched
> for words and phrases by category?

I don't know of any such free service. There's
http://www.wordtracker.com though. I haven't used it myself but I've
heard good things.

N.

--