[thelist] meta keywords

iibiz sales at iibiz.com
Tue Jul 17 10:13:24 CDT 2001

> the creation of doorway pages.

Personally, I don't use them for my clients, and we seem to be hitting okay
in the search engines.  I've noticed lately that a lot of the sites that are
hitting high have the list of keywords repeated as the page title.  Yeah, it
looks gross across the top of the page - but whatever works!

> Also, now that search engines are starting to charge for preferential
listings, is
> it really worth considering or is it still possible to get a top ten
listing
> for free?

I explain the options to my clients, and so far, out of about 20 clients, no
one has paid for submissions and are still doing "okay".  We ARE beginning
to see more and more creep in above them, which are all paid inclusions.
Some engines are worse than others.  My feeling is that right now, today,
you can still live without paying - but everything is heading that way, and
it's probably something they will all have to re-consider in the next year
in order to fall anywhere on the 1st page of results.  The thing that REALLY
bugs me about the paid inclusions is that there's NO guarantee and no refund
for the money you pay!  They may not list you, but they get to keep your
money anyway.......gee.....wish I could get paid for NOT doing my job!  LOL!

Sandy