[thelist] Javascript Variables to Cold Fusion Variables

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Tue Jul 17 12:21:13 CDT 2001

| >Is there a nice way to transfer javascript variables to
| coldfusion variables
| >on the same page.

Hello,

I have been investigating the benefits of WDDX and its progeny of tags and
methods. The place to start is the CF docs or www.openwddx.org. The tag
<CFWDDX> has all sorts of use for turning CF into JS and vice-versa. Its
design allows for much more than just variable passing, though. An
investigation is happily recommended.

It is, however, a little bit overkill for some things, imho.

BTW, does anyone know if/how WDDX relates to SOAP?

<rory disposition="wondering how many miles my fingers travel over the
regions of my keyboard every day -- I have a feeling that it is a lot
(*ow*)" alt="8o"/>