[thelist] meta = HTTP EQUIV = "refresh"

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Tue Jul 17 15:18:51 CDT 2001

I'd use a server-side redirect, where you send a 301 or 302 redirect
header. There are various ways to do this, one of them being in php
(dunno how, some php stud wanna show the light?), one of them being in
your server config (running Apache?). I can give you MS equivalents,
hopefully that will help:

in ASP:
<%
response.redirect "http://new URL here/"
%>

from the server (IIS):
Open the IIS Admin, right click on your web site (or virtual directory
or file!), hit properties. There are radio buttons to select the
reaction to a request to that URI. You can check the radio button
"Redirection to a URL" and then specify the URL to forward to.

I'd go the server route, m'self....

sgd