[thelist] php newbie question: cookies or not?

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Tue Jul 17 17:05:45 CDT 2001

> thought they were working fine, but the information
> does not seem to be accessible to the script.

Sounds like this is the root of the problem or at least one of them. Without
knowing too much more about what you've got, here are a few things to check:

How are you calling/storing the cookie after storing it?
Is PHP configured properly for sessions on your web server?
Is the path for the cookie set accurately? I have made this mistake before
as I develop on one machine in a subdirectory and serve from another in the
root, and have forgotten to changes paths before.

BH