[thelist] open window in top corner of screen

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Wed Jul 18 15:23:40 CDT 2001

| Hi all, I'm looking for a way to open a new window and have
| it show up in
| the top left corner of the screen. I am using window.open().
|  Can someone
| help me out?
| (My brain is not thinking today!)
|
| thanks
| Pam

Hello Pam,

Here is a great link on windows:
http://www.webreference.com/js/tutorial1/index.html

But, since you have a non-functioning neural cortex, you can use this on
NN3+, IE4+:
// move the screen position of the window to the specified x and y offset
window.moveTo(iX, iY)

The other (less compatible) way is to pass attributes in the third parameter
of window.open()

NN uses screenx and screeny like this: window.open(URL, "target",
"screenx=0;screeny=0")

IE uses top and left like this: window.open(URL, "target", "top=0;left=0")

<rory disposition="afternoon nap time!" alt="|0"/>