[thelist] CF smoke and mirrors

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Wed Jul 18 20:54:10 CDT 2001

Evoltarians,

I am somewhat confounded with the following code:

<cfset p1 = "<cfparam name=""records.type"" default="""">">
<cfscript>
	Evaluate(p1);
</cfscript>

The purpose is to write a cfparam tag as a string and evaluate it to get the
actual parameter, which is then used elsewhere.

The problem is this error:
<err>
  An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

  				Evaluate(p1);

  Error near line 69, column 5.
  An error has occurred while processing the expression:

     <cfparam name="records.type" default="">

  Invalid token found on line 1 at position 1. ColdFusion
  was looking at the following text:

	<c

  Invalid expression element. The usual cause of this
  error is a misspelling in the expression text.
</err>

It _seems_ to be evaluating it ok, but something jumps off the cycle
thereupon, ending its sorry life.

Is there a soul to illumine this wayward, ah, how was it called, token?

<rory disposition="going for a walk to look for the obviously fearless deer
that eat the berries at the parking lot of this large, excessively
clangorous, somewhat poisonous and foul smelling plant I like to work at"
alt="8)"/>