[thelist] Multiple-Window Javascript

Janis Joseph gilat at molcho.org.il
Thu Jul 19 07:20:30 CDT 2001

Hi Palyne,

Garden variety DW code seems to work okay -- at least in IE and NS 4+ :
_____________________________________

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features)

  window.open(theURL,winName,features);
}
//-->
</script>

onClick="MM_openBrWindow('popup.html','popup1','scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes
,width=300,height=400')">Help1</a></p>
onClick="MM_openBrWindow('popup2.html','popup2','scrollbars=yes,resizable=ye
s,width=300,height=400')">Help2</a></p>

_____________________________________

I've posted a working sample here:
http://www.atartecture.co.il/test/help2.html

(But even tho it works, it's not elegant. The first popup hides behind the
other windows -- some users might think it's gone....)

> First, the one I have will only do one window. If you use the same
> script multiple times in the body (say many links have the pop-up
> script), it replaces previous window content.  I'm popping up applets
> for a stats class, and they often need the results from an earlier
> question to stay available to them.  So I need a script that will pop
> up an additional rather than replacement window.

Is it possible that your popup windows include some self-closing script?

HTH,

Janis