[thelist] [OT] Web Server Worm Infects 12,000 Web Servers

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Thu Jul 19 12:53:37 CDT 2001

At 10:53 PM 7/18/2001 -0700, Christine wrote:
>  Just
>reiterates my point that we have the best hosting provider in the world.
>(www.superwebhost.com - Christine from protonic.com referred ya!) :)

Not to be overly critical or anything, but this worm exploits a hole in IIS
that was discovered quite some time ago.  The patch that fixes the .ida
vulnerability was released June 18th.  Your host should never have been
hit, because they should have patched their server a month ago.  In my
opinion, you should be asking them why they didn't apply the patch before
the worm was an issue.

My $.02

Judah