[thelist] Input type = file

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Thu Jul 19 14:13:58 CDT 2001

| :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| : From: Patrick Forsythe
| :
| : Ok but I may have to be more creative
| : then that there is no way to know how
| : many files they will want to upload
| :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok,

I'm making a break towards my "area of proximal development" as my friend in
education calls it -- a.k.a. where I may talk a lot but not say anything --
in order to think outside the familiar (and comfortable) box.

Wouldn't there be a way to use JS to loop through the values in a listbox on
one form and fill in the value of a <input type=file> tag on another form on
that page, and finally call form2.submit()?

Get the dogs as I run here, if I'm escaping illegally...

Of course, this is all technical -- like .jeff mentions, to make it useful,
know what the users want to do and choose the method which is best to
support their work.

<rory disposition="brain energy=low" alt="8}"/>