[thelist] best PHP Book anybody?

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 18:18:00 CDT 2001

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:02:03 -0400
"Flavia Silveira-Tarzwell (FayeC)" <fayec at canada.com> wrote:

> Anybody out there has any pros/cons about specific books in the market?
> My teacher told me to get the Beginning PHP4 by Wrox but I wanted to
> have more opinions before investing on the books....

Can't offer any opinions on the Wrox Beginning PHP book, but their Professional PHP Programming is a good read. Very well laid out, eases you into subjects carefully and has some really good 'from the ground' up examples of things like an online shop, hooking it into LDAP, and manipulating images.

http://www.wrox.com/Books/Book_Details.asp?section=11_3&isbn=1861002963&subject=&subject_id=

G.