[thelist] best PHP Book anybody?

bsugrue at Automationdirect.com bsugrue at Automationdirect.com
Fri Jul 20 10:10:19 CDT 2001

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of just two resources:

Wrox's Professional PHP PRogramming (great for basic concepts and examples)

and more importantly the excellent online manual complete with user
comments.  It really is the best open source documentation project I can
think of in terms of centralized and accessable information.

Beyond that I've found online answers to most every situational problem I've
found from ODBC database communication to working with XML.

If you're wanting to get your feet wet in the language, there are enough
online tutorials and the great documentation to get you started without
having to buy a book.  If you do decide to dive in headfirst like so many of
us have though, a quality reference like the Wrox book is always really nice
to have at one's fingertips.

The PHP mailing lists and forums available off of phpbuilder.com have also
proven valuable.

Best to you - PHP is a great tool to have at your disposal.

Brian
DawgsOnline
www.dawgsonline.com