[thelist] The XP Deal?

Peter Kaulback pkaulbak at idirect.ca
Sat Jul 21 08:30:48 CDT 2001

In the wee hour of 10:59 PM 7/20/01 -0400, Daniel S. O'Shea bequeathed such
tales as these:

>I'll hold onto Windows 2000 for as long as I can and then go to Linux!
>
>Dan O.

Good idea, and MS says the same thing to all the corp's who've already
switched to 2000:  wait until the next windows after XP, Neptune.  M$ has
mailed all the XP installments everywhere, and done all the corp parties
and from what I've heard and seen from them is that if you have a home
system or two they won't mind if you happen to shove it onto both systems,
there more looking after the people who shove it onto everybody else's that
is connected to a newsgroup or high speed or whatever.  I'm waiting to see
if M$ hands out 30 day copies of the XP OS to complement the 30 day copies
of Office XP.
Peter Kaulback