[thelist] Grey Matter - installation problems :-(

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Sat Jul 21 21:36:52 CDT 2001

Hi, everyone,

Well, I'm attempting to install Grey Matter to an NT server and falling
flat on my face. I'm not sure where the problem is and I'm hoping one of
you may know who's been through this. ;-) I've worked with cgi-bin stuff,
I've done the CHMOD stuff for clients, etc., but this is my first attempt
at Grey Matter. I also readily admit that I'm not a programmer....

-----------------------------
Problem:
-----------------------------
When I try to open the gm.cgi page I get the actual cgi code page in my web
browser rather than the configuration window like it ought to be doing.
Anyone have a clue why? Could it be the perl file path, or do you know if
it's something else?

-----------------------------
Is this what's wrong?
-----------------------------
I've uploaded the files via FTP with the settings on ASCII, so that part is
OK. I'm not sure what the path is to the perl file, so that MIGHT be what's
wrong, although maybe it's something else.

-----------------------------
Or maybe this?
-----------------------------
I've tried to do the CHMOD part but it's refused, and if the information
I've read is correct, it sounds like I may not need to do that for an NT
server.

-----------------------------
Or something else?
-----------------------------

I've read the instructions over and over, I've looked through all the
archives at Grey Matter <http://noahgrey.com/greysoft/> and haven't found
an answer yet for this one:

I'll send an email to my ISP to confirm what that path is, too.

Let's hope this is my first and last question, but who knows?!
....considering I haven't gotten very far. <chuckle>

Thanks!

Warmly,
Shirley

--