[thelist] <P> vs. <BR><BR>

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Mon Jul 23 11:59:34 CDT 2001

> Did you know that you can use pseudo-classes?

In the pedantic vein those would be class selectors, not pseudo-classes.
A:hover is an example of a pseudo-class.

(the off-topic bit: BTW http://wackyadvice.com/bud/bud.html has changed
a lot since I saw it last (a couple of years ago). They actually tidied
up the html source - there used to be a load more in-joke type errors in
there too, like silly indentation, incorrect tag nesting etc.
And what's with that javascript - far too clean. I expected to see lots
of redundant code at the least. Looks like Bud Uggly design has been
taking some lessons. )

<tip type="ids in html templates" author="sam-i-am">
When you're creating html page templates adding a descriptive id
attribute to container elements can be a more effective way to "comment"
than commenting. Not only does it allow you or anyone else to quicky
identify the purpose of the element later, it also allows you to make
style changes in CSS, using descendant selectors like:

#primaryContentContainer P { background-color: #ccc; color: #000; }

</tip>