[thelist] Strange NN 6 Error

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:18:08 CDT 2001

>I am testing a site and am finding a couple of strange errors with NN 6.01.
>With unordered lists, when the cursor is near the list, it acts according
>to the link hover CSS settings. It also does this when the cursor is on the
>border parts of select and input boxes. It does not do this with IE or NN
>4.7.
>I have checked for open links and class settings. Does anyone have any
>ideas on this?
>
>http://www.tlcc.edu.au/test/computer.htm

This line

:hover {color: #ff5047; text-decoration:underline;}

means that *any* hovered element (so not only links) should get the colour
and underline.

However, NN6 has a bug that only makes :hover work when you're inside the
'box' of the element, but not on the actual text. Set a border around one of
the li's, and then go over it with your mouse, you'll see what I mean.

Of the other browsers, only Konqueror supports :hover on other elements than
a link, so nothing would happen in IE or NN4.

ppk