[thelist] 'click to remove this frame' link...

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Mon Jul 23 15:14:18 CDT 2001

Greetings everyone.

I have a few pages that link to external sites, with an unbranded frame
across the top that has two links: 'return to site' and 'click to remove
this frame'...

The top frame resides on our server, the bottom is an external link.

When I grab the frame name via JavaScript, it works if the page is _local_ -
as soon as I link to somewhere not on my server, I get a permission denied
JS error.

I was going to use PHP, but I can't seem to grab the content frame url...
Just either the frameset or the top frame.

Can someone give me a hand?

This was the JS:

<form>
<input type="button"
onClick="top.location.href=parent.contentFrame.location.href" value="Kill
Frame">
</form>

Thanks!

Chris.