[thelist] javascript pop-up problem

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Mon Jul 23 16:50:05 CDT 2001

Rachel,

> I'm using  javascript  to open popup picture windows that close when you
> click outside of them.  I have a list of links to photos that extends down
> the page.  When you click on a photo, the photo window pops up fine, but
the
> main page moves up to the top.   Then you have to scroll down to get to
the
> next item in the list.  Why is this happening?   I would like the main
page
> to remain its place while calling the popups.  You can view this problem
at:
> http://pinkcandyproductions.com/test/gallery_test.html

    It's your use of "#" for the href on each of these links. I suggest you
make redo your links in this format:

  onclick="openPictureWindow_Fever('gallery/double.jpg','660','275','Water
Jogger Double','0','0'); return false;">water
jogger double</a>

    This eliminates the page-scrolling problem and, as an added bonus, makes
the images accessible to those who have javascript disabled.

hth,
James Aylard