[thelist] Sole proprietor

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Mon Jul 23 16:57:49 CDT 2001

> The answer to this depends upon which state you are operating
> from.  Usually
> you need to contact your 'Secretary of State' and they will have
> a some type
> of 'new business' packet that they will send out to you that
> details all of
> your requirements.

I second this, except that you don't have to go to the Sec of State in all
states. Here in NYS, you registered with only the county government for Sole
Proprietorships. I just ran down to my County Clerk's office and filled out
a form for a business certificate, which included three of four blanks for
my name, signature, address and SSN, and gave them I think about $30.

BH