[thelist] On the road designs

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Mon Jul 23 20:21:06 CDT 2001

bob,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Bob Boisvert
:
: Any suggestions about a laptop the will
: perform well with today's web design program
: technology?, also to include streaming video.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

am using a dell latitude right now and would again given the opportunity.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Dell by far offers the most for the money but
: from what I understand, their laptops of a 1
: GIG processor and up tend to over heat pretty
: quickly.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

who really needs a 1 ghz machine?  i've been using a p3 650 with 256 megs of
ram for 9 months now.  the only thing i wish for was more harddrive space.
this machine has done everything from photoshop, cf studio, webserving,
heavy-duty load and performance testing on coldfusion code, etc.  never had
a problem with it.

my advice would be to save some money and buy a refurbished dell latitude.

if you do buy a dell, buy a docking station, but not from dell.  i got them
for cheap (like $40/each + shipping instead of $300 refurbed from dell) from
a guy off of ebay -- one for home and one for work.  contact me offlist if
you want his info.

good luck,

.jeff

http://evolt.org/