[thelist] On the road designs

Michael Roberto mjr at linkzero.com
Mon Jul 23 21:28:04 CDT 2001

bob,

I've had a Dell Inspiron 8000 as my mobile workstation for the past
8 months.  Its the best i've ever used.  I've got the details on mine
here: http://shriek.net/index.cfm?rid=1

I use it both at work and at home, and its been exceptional.  I've
built several of my workstations from scratch in the past, but in past
few years, as my time for configuring and upgrading(then repeat) has
lessened, and my needs for consistent reliability has grown, i've
moved to rely on Dell.  I currently take care of 5 Dell machines,
	3 Dimensions(an XPS T550, an L677, and a 4100 1ghz)
	1 Inspiron 8000 and
	1 2450 Server

All have performed exceptionally well, and i've been extremely happy
with the few times i've had to contact tech support, they are knowledgable
and responsive.

Currently i'm running CF Server, CF Studio, Visual Cafe, Photoshop, etc..
Granted this machine is the top of the line as far as dell goes, either
way, i'd use one of their machines anyday.

Mike Roberto
< shriek.net >
<e> mjr at shriek.net
<w> www.shriek.net