[thelist] Webdesigners using DOM/Cross browser coding

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Tue Jul 24 01:20:32 CDT 2001

This is because of one of the core features not being supported in IE on the
Mac.  The API
uses java / activex / xml to download widgets and code from the server.  This
makes it a
great deal faster than the original code that was based on the DynAPI.

If there is anyone out there who knows of a method of allowing such a feature,
please contact me.

Also, due to NS being too hasty to release NS6, only Mozilla 0.81+ (NS6.1+) is
supported.

MacIE / NS6.0 are supported in the DynAPI that can be found at
http://dynapi.sourceforge.net/

It doesn't have the more powerful server<->client features of the AfroAPI but is
great for
web design.