[thelist] AOL and HTML email

Bart Johnston 00217289 at bigred.unl.edu
Tue Jul 24 17:45:07 CDT 2001

Another interesting thing to note about aol email, is that while it won't
correctly read HTML emails (prior to 6, I guess), it will read HTML links.
The important distinction to make is that it will not make urls into links
(like outlook), but will only read <a href="foo.htm">links</a>

In an html newsletter I recently designed, I had to make 3 different
versions: html, text, and text for aol.  The only difference being that in
the AOL version, I used <a>'s for my links, while in the regular text
version I just wrote out the URLs.

Bart Johnston
bart at archrival.com