[thelist] cold fusion cookie question

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Jul 24 18:09:17 CDT 2001

> i'm suggesting that you don't worry about it and just let
> the cf server worry about it instead.  i'm betting if you
> let it set those cookies for you that they'll work just fine.

you're right, it appears to work fine

i got prompted, i accepted, then i used my handy dandy Cookie Viewer
Bookmarklet and sure enough, it's setting the domain in the cookie as
rudy.ca

i am not even going to ask why, when according to the documentation the
damn thing is supposed to have three levels in it -- surely you can
understand why i would be confused by that

anyhow, i'm only half way to where i wanted to get

according to this tutorial i'm following, what i was supposed to do is say
SETCLIENTCOOKIES="No" and then issue a CFCOOKIE myself (see
http://cfhub.com/advanced/managing_state/)

hmmm, i wonder, if i leave DOMAIN out of the CFCOOKIE tag, will it work the
same way?

i'll let y'all know how i get along

thanks jeff -- and chris, hassan, joe, and anthony

this list rockz0rz

rudy
http://rudy.ca/
where you will now get a cookie, just for the hell of it