[thelist] Dynamic Form Javascript Coding + Tips(2)

dante dante at vianet.net.au
Wed Jul 25 06:50:11 CDT 2001

G'Day Evolutionaries,

As I mentioned in previous posts, I've been working on a form that
dynamically changes depending on values entered.

When a value (between 1 & 12) is entered into the author text input & the
change form button is pressed - the code should be written into a div.

I've almost got it done but have 2 small problems with the coding:
1)    I need the wholeName div to be erased each time before it gets
rewritten - right now it's appending the new content instead of replacing
it.
2)    I need the same data to be written to a second div (wholeNameTwo), but
I would prefer not to use redundant code.

The uri is: http://www.vianet.net.au/~dante/xml/input_form.html

Thanks,
            dante
            Perth, Western Australia
            dante at vianet.net.au
            www.vianet.net.au/~dante

p.s: I've been told that this form has caused problems with Netscape -
something that hasn't happened for me during testing(?), so beware :)

<tip type="html">
    To disable the Microsoft Smart Tags use:
</tip>

<tip type="xslt>
    If you've been having problems parsing XSL stylesheets in IE check to
see if you've got the latest version of the msxml parser.

    You can find a test here:
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml/index.xml?/xml/utils/instalmsxml.xml

   Or try the MS Dev site:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?ur
l=/msdn-files/027/001/596/msdncompositedoc.xml

    & make sure that it is running in <b>replace</b> mode.
</tip>