[thelist] GnuPG and Coldfusion

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Wed Jul 25 17:17:08 CDT 2001

Hey Bruce -

If you're using oracle 8.1.5 or later, you can use the encryption tools
that it provides..

Have a look at the DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT package. It has DESEncrypt
and DESDecrypt procedures. It performs a 56 bit encryption, which should
be good enough for what you're doing..

Theres also some code for a stored proc at
http://www.oracle.com/oramag/code/index.html?cod11226.html its a bit
older, but still applies.

Hope that helps :)

.djc.