[thelist] intranet design

Watkins Matthew matthew at Natuzzi.com
Mon Jul 30 03:19:22 CDT 2001

Matt,

No, not just the look and feel. I am piloting the project start up.
Personally i am very interested in usability and how the information is
accessed.

 From what I can see there is one fundamental difference between designing
for the web, and designing intranets: On the web your goal is usually to
keep users on your site as long as possible. On an intranet it is usually to
keep access time down the necessary minimum... let them find what they are
looking for and get back to work.  Obviously its more complex than this, but
I think this issue is going to have enormous impact on your front end
graphics and design..

cheers

Matthew