[thelist] [CF] Value of a url var with no value

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Mon Jul 30 11:09:39 CDT 2001

Hey thelist,

Don't tell anyone, but I'm doing a little something in CF.

What has be stuck (and google was no
help: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=undefined+coldfusion+variable+url+querystring
) is the value in CF of a querystring variable with no value. For
instance, what is the value in CF of the querystring var named foo?

http://www.codyblog.com/marshall/index.cfm?foo=

I'm assuming that since foo= appears in the url, that whatever that value
is overrides the default in the <cfparam ...> tag. But, I don' tknow what
that value is.

I did a little test:

<cfswitch expression="#url.foo#">

        <cfcase value=",0,null" delimiters=",">
		<cfinclude template="foo.cfm">
        </cfcase>

        <cfdefaultcase>
		<cfinclude template="bar.cfm">
        </cfdefaultcase>

</cfswitch>

to see which "template not found" error I got, but I always get bar.cfm
if foo= is in the url. So, obviously non of those values matches (note
that the default in cfparam is 0).

help?

thanks,

--