[thelist] 72 burn period before installing software????

Faust at wwa.com Faust at wwa.com
Tue Jul 31 09:49:07 CDT 2001

Hi all,

A system administrator just told me that there is a mandatory 72
hour burn time before any software can be installed on a Windows
2000 server.  Personally, I have installed software on a Windows
2000 server minutes after installing Windows 2000.  But, before
writing off the system administrator's statement as bunk, I thought I
would check with the learned folks on this list.  So, is there any
ground for the mandatory 72 hour burn period before installing
software?

TIA

Faust

"The way you choose to do something is as important as what you
choose to do."  -- Chuck Close