[thelist] xmlhttp

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Tue Jul 31 14:36:18 CDT 2001

On Jul 31, Tab Alleman had something to say about [thelist] xmlhttp

>Set xmlHotInfo = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
>xmlHotInfo.open "POST", GetStr, false
>xmlHotInfo.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "text/xml"
>xmlHotInfo.send

I kinda doubt this is your problem, but why are you setting the
content-type header for the request?

If you were sending a response, that's one thing.

Also, why are you using the POST method? Seems to me that you are sending
a GET request. If you open up that URL in your browser, you are sending a
GET request. *THAT* could be your problem, especially since you are
calling a JSP/servlet which has methods that have responses on a
request-method basis, like:

... doPost() {
	// do stuff
}

and then a separate method for get requests:

... doGet() {
	// do stuff
}

Maybe the doPost() for that jsp/servlet doesnt' do anything, but the
doGet() does what you want.

Try sending a GET request instead.

HTH,

--