[thelist] Breech of Contract

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 21:30:23 CDT 2001

--- Brad Miller <brad at beldamar.com> wrote:
> I am looking for some resources on dealing with a breech of contract.
>
> Situation:
> I took on a website job. Hired someone to do some of the programming.
> That person has not completed the job and is now making excuses.
> I have already paid the sub-contractor 50% and need to have someone else
> enter in and finish the site.
>
> So I am looking for some online resources to help me with writing the breech
> of contract letter. As well as finding out more about what will be involved
> in proceeding with this.

How did your contract specify the terms of a breach? What were the grounds for breach?
Are you solely basing breach on non-performance? Have the agreed-on deadlines been broken
already or are you covering yourself in anticipation? These are a few of the questions
that you'll need to think about in wording your demand letter.

> Does anyone know if this has to be mailed through snail mail or can it be
> done through email. I know I can do next day air but I want to know if it is
> still legally sound to do this via email.

Email is now recognized as legal means of communication in the US.