[thelist] Semi-OT: FPSE

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usaiss.com
Wed Aug 1 07:55:15 CDT 2001

Im hosting a web site using Windows 2000 Server SP2, and use Microsoft
Visual InterDev (on a separate machine) for development.
So far the only reason I have seen for using FPSE is to make VID function
properly, to allow for check in and check out of files.

If I remove the FPSEs VID no longer works; replacing them fixes VID.  What
other reason would I need them?
I dont use FP for authoring, and write most of the code by hand or use
self-developed COM+ objects.

Are there any other significant reasons for the server extensions?

Thanks

--Salvatore